Tuesday 3 December 2013

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

My mom is a great mom for many reasons. She has many talents, but one thing my kids love is that she`s fabulous at baking desserts and has always been the Queen when it comes to her homemade Banana Bread. I never thought that I`d stray from her tried and true recipe, but I believe that I have found a recipe that could definitely be considered stiff competition for my mom`s fabulous loaves and muffins.
 
 
These muffins have a lovely consistency...not too dry, and not overly moist. The extra 1/2 cup of chocolate chips helps  to make them absolutely decadent and the only other thing you will be in need of, is an ice cold glass of milk or a steaming hot cup of coffee ( with cream and a tiny bit of honey....just the way I like it!).
 
 
Recipe:
2 cups cake and pastry flour (salt and baking powder pre-mixed)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 and 1/2 cups chocolate chips
2 large very ripe bananas , mashed
1/2 cup melted butter, cooled
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and chocolate chips.
 
In a separate bowl, whisk together the bananas, butter, milk and eggs until well blended and no big banana chunks remain (I used my new, vintage egg beater to make the wet batter nice and creamy - worked like a dream - Thanks D and T!!)
 
 
Pour the wet batter into the dry batter and mix until just blended. Do not over mix your dough. Grease muffin tins or 9x5 inch loaf pan.
Bake in the center of the oven for approx. 25 mins for the muffins and approx. 55 mins for the loaf. Loaves and muffins should be a nice golden brown in colour when ready.
 
 
 
Let muffins cool for 15 mins. and then remove from the tins.
Home-made Goodness! 
 Have one, and then go to YOGA! Namaste!
 
 


No comments: