Monday 4 November 2013

Huevos Migas for my Girlfriends/ Restaurant Pick #1: Lady Marmalade

This weekend, I've got a weekend away up in Huntsville with a few of my girlfriends and I am very excited! There are few things in life that are as great as a weekend away with your gal pals.
My friend who is hosting the event sent out an email to ask what everyone might like to contribute meal-wise to the weekend. I knew immediately what I wanted to make for my buddies.....Lady Marmalade inspired Huevos Migas!

LADY MARMALADE:898 Queen Street East, Toronto
Lady Marmalade is a hip and very cool little restaurant smack dab in the middle of Leslieville. It is bright and cozy and its retro seats and tables and avocado green walls with bold artwork lend well to its charms. It is only open for breakfast and lunch and it is always packed because the food is so damn good.
For breakfast, they do amazing versions of Eggs Benny, French toast, Waffles, Oatmeal, and my favourites, the Mexican inspired egg dishes, including  Huevos Migas which is one super fantastic and memorable dish. For lunch, they have yummy soups and sandwiches, unique salads and lovely 'Bowls' which are heavenly! You MUST go!

OK, back to the meal that I will be making for my friends on Saturday morning... HUEVOS MIGAS....
.



 How great does that look? Soft-scrambled eggs with cheese, chorizo sausage, tomatoes and green onions served with brown rice, smashed black beans, sour cream, pico de gallo and tortilla chips?
The recipe for this glorious dish (c/o Toronto Life Magazine) is here.

I will do most of the prepping in advance so that the morning of, it won't be a major production. Details to follow....

3 comments:

27 Hambly said...

How can I get invited? I love this blog and am so hungry right now. The colours of your blog are so fantastic. Great eye! I love the dish. I make Heurves Rancheros sometimes but this looks so good. Bonne Appetito, or as they say in mexico, Buen Provecho!

Unknown said...

looks yum!!!

Emma said...

As a fellow Beacher, I concur .... Lady Marmelade is great! Looking forward to hearing about Living, Laughing and Loving with you....